top of page
Wed, Oct 12|
Privacy, Security and Recognizing Misinformation on the Internet
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
CLE Classroom, 348 S 5th St, Highlands, NC 28741, USA
About the Event
Level 2 & 3
Make sure you are using the internet safely and are protected against the latest scams. How can you identify what is a scam and how can you protect yourself from it? This class will also cover why you shouldn't believe everything you read in the age of misinformation.
In this class we will discuss:
- What are Cyber attacks?
- how could Cyber attacks happen to me?
- What are the lates Scams?
- Terms we should all know relating to Malware, Phishing Scams and Viruses
- A list of Website Resources to educate yourself
- What "Fake News" is and how/why it became so popular
- How to spot Fake News & Misinformation and look at examples of both
- How we evaluate misinformation
- How to do Fact-Checking
Location: CLE Classroom
Instructor: Loraine Smith has been teaching all things Apple for CLE for the last two years. Lorraine holds a BS in Financial Management from Clemson University and is an Apple Certified Business Partner.
bottom of page